Sunday, February 16, 2014

Confessions of not-a-morning-person...

I must confess: I am not a morning person.

For many years I have tried to transform myself into a morning person.

But, try as I might, I just do not wake up bright eyed & bushy tailed at 6 a.m. & spring out of bed like some deranged jack-in-the-box (no offense to all the morning people out there).

I grew up with morning people.

Die hard, cheerful, wake up in full swing & get the day going folks. (I was actually told once~at 9 a.m. mind you~ that I had slept half the day away)

People who expected the same out of me.

(It really sucked on birthdays or special occasions when I would try to get up 'early' & surprise them by doing the chores. I could never beat them up. Ever. Sigh.)

I was woken up bright & early every morning & sent off to the bathroom to brush & shine.

I was known as a bathroom hog because I took f.o.r.e.v.e.r. just to get the basics done...

You want to know a secret?

I would go in the bathroom, lock the door, curl up on the rug & go back to sleep until somebody pounded on the door :)

But see, I know I am not a morning person. I have accepted my limitations.

Unlike some people...

Some people labor under the delusion that they are 'morning folks'.

That they spring out of bed bright & early every morning like some kind of deranged jack-in-the-box...

When in fact "King of the Sloth People" is a much more apt description.

But these people go thru life convinced they are happy & awake at 6:30 in the morning.

Ha.

And they continually make appointments for first thing in the bloody morning.

Appointments which they are not around to carry them out.

Which is how **I** came to be heading out the door to the orthodontist at 7:30 in the morning & what inspired this post.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment