Friday, April 25, 2008

Sprucing up the Homestead

I mentioned in another post that we are refinancing. This of course includes the dreaded appraisal. In that line, we are "sprucing up" the homestead. I rented an airless paint sprayer yesterday and painted the barns. Let me just state, for future reference, that is most definitely a 2 person job. .


I am sooo sore, sooo tired, and sooooo sick of home improvements. I even planted pansies around the house to add some color. They will probably get snowed on .


And after all of that, the appraisal folks still haven't called back so we still don't know WHEN they are coming. ggrrrrrr.


Tomorrow we are heading down to California to visit our wonderful friends. She lives in a great garage sale area and always calls me when she finds something good. "Hey, I'm at a yard sale & they have such & such, do you want it?" Gotta love a friend like that . And we will meet up with Daddy who has been gone since Tuesday. Can you say "lonely"? He is doing a Sunday service at a convalesent home. He was asked by his sister (a nurse) to visit a gentleman  at the home a while back. He befriended the man, led him to the Lord and tries to visit every week. So out of this, the administrator called and asked if he would do a monthly service for the residents. This Sunday will be the first. I just think that is such a cool thing. Talk about the fields being ripe for harvest!  So pray for my husband and his sermon (but he always does awesome so just pray for me  ) and that I can be a good pastors wife and Christian witness. I really don't enjoy "new" things and I'm apprehensive about coming across friendly and not stand-off-ish ( which is really just shyness). I'm still getting used to the whole "Pastor's wife" role. I never saw that coming 14 years ago. .


I thought I would share some pics I took of the barns and pansies (before they freeze)


This is the combination cow, chicken, rabbit barn, side view. That is the garden in front.



This is the front view. The chicken coop is thru the white door & the rabbitry is the open door on the right.



This is the goat/hay barn. The "puppy room" is on the right. It is currently being transformed into a butcher shop.



And this is the woodshed/gardenshed. The wood is on the left and gardening supplies on the right. The stacked bales are my son's archery target and the roping dummy.



Last but not least, a couple of my unsuspecting pansies.



Blessings.

2 comments:

  1. I like your pansy barrow, How cute, We got some flowers in some old kid wagons, That is so wonderful about your husband and the doors that have now opened for him in servanthood to reach the lost. Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work, u need a good soakin in the tub.

    I'm impressed, and from one Pastor's wife to another, ur duty will not be to hang with the crowd, but seek out the meek&lowly to minister to, Holly

    ReplyDelete