Thursday, April 17, 2008

Accomplishments!

Wooo!Hooo! I finally got the strawberries and the asparagus planted! Yee haw. I also planted cabbage and spinach seeds. I still need to plant purple cabbage, peas and lettuce. After that I pretty much have to wait 6 weeks before I can plant anything else . And yesterday, we fixed our leaky water pipe! That is such a huge relief! Over the weekend we replaced our water heater (which also leaked ) with a new, tankless, water heater. So with our leaks fixed and our new water heater I am hoping to see a HUGE decrease in our electric bill.  We plan to put up a windmill and some solar panels but it may be a while before we can do that. It is our hope to be completely off-grid someday .


Being the geek that I am (and just to let Chas know she is not alone) I took pictures of our various projects just to share with y'all!


Here is our old nasty, rusty, leaking water heater after we dismantled the cupboard that was built around it and cut the pipes that were placed in front of it and pulled it outHere is the yucky, wet cupboard with the heater in it to dry it outHere is my handsome husband heading up to check the wiring in the attic. (that is pizza in his mouth )My husband insisted on taking this oneA well deserved breakThe almost finished project!And here are some of the Great Leak Search. Big hole.Little pipe with big hole at bottom of big holeFixing pipeWhat a stud!So now, no more leaks, no more rust, no more yuck. It's so awesome to have such a capable man!


Blessings.

1 comment: