Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Motivation

It is cold here today. The outside temp is 49 but there is an icy, vicious wind. Brrrrrr. My son has built a nice, warm fire and it is toasty here on the couch. I am finding it hard to get motivated today. There are many things I could and should be doing but I just can't seem to get going. I did start the irrigation water this morning. And of course got soaked doing it .


Okay. We just had a blast of snow. I  told you my pansies would get snowed on! Oh well.


I'm struggling with my emotions today. I am easily angered. Leaning heavily toward resentment and bitterness. I don't want to be this way. I want to joy-full. I want so much joy that it overflows onto those around me. I pray for that daily. I was raised in house of bitterness, resentment and anger. And blame. There was always someone to blame. Nothing just "happened" it was always someones "fault". I do not want my children to live like that. I want my children to see joy in all things. I want my children to forgive not blame. I want my children to reach out in Christian love not condemnation. It is so hard when I see or hear my children use a harsh word or tone and recognize that they learned it from me. Heart breaking.


Proverbs is one of my favorite books in the Bible. Proverbs 15:1 says:


A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up angerNAS


Words to live by. How about Proverbs 14:29


He who is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who is quick- tempered exalts folly  NAS


Proverbs 15:13


A joyful heart makes a cheerful face, but when the heart is sad, the spirit is broken. NAS


I hope this day finds you with a joyful heart.


Blessings.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting my blog on yours, very kind.

    To answer your ?, CVS is a store. They have lots of coupons that add up to big savings. I just started doing it and my Mom and I heart it so much.

    Have a peacful night, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great the things you are striving for for you and your family! It's good to recognize and see when you fall, but to show your children you are trying, and that you have a wonderful Lord who loves them!


    I have a little blog. it's kinda new, and I don't blog very much. www.leftoverdessert.blogspot.com


    Have a blessed day! and yes, the snow can still be a beautiful gift from God, even in the end of April. :)

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete