Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm famous

I'm famous! My blog is mentioned on The Front Porch! (I am so easily pleased)


Okay, I really have nothing to say. Still feeing puny. I'm not sure if am actually sick or just sick & tired. Ha ha. My dad always used to say "I am sick & tired of being sick & tired!"  


We made some bologna today. Our second batch. The first batch was all beef, this time we mixed in some pork. It has to set overnight and we will smoke it in the morning. Here are some pics of the process:


Mixing in the spices



Grinding & stuffing the casings





Now we have 15lbs, ready & waiting in the fridge. I'm curious how different it will taste with the pork. The last batch was quite popular. Next up is salami.


Here is a pic of sisterly fun


Smile.


Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed reading your blog today...I LOVED the pictures of bologna making! I can't wait to try that :)


    Hugs,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete