Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Amusing Stories from the Dump

We don't have trash pick up. We have 3 55 gallon barrels which we fill with our trash. Once they are full, we haul them to the dump. For the last 2 years the gentleman who works at the dump has over charged us and there is nothing we could about it. Except get mad, which I did quite frequently much to the annoyance of my husband. The last time we needed to go to the dump, I stayed home and my husband and son went alone. After they came home I asked my husband how much it had been so I could enter it in the checkbook. He rattled off a figure that was several dollars less than we had paid in the last year. For roughly the same amount of trash each time. I looked at him and asked "New guy?" And my husband just started to laugh. It had indeed been a new guy and my husband thought it was pretty funny that I could tell just by what we were charged. It's pretty easy to amuse us country folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment