Thursday, February 28, 2008

Other Things...

I've noticed several other blogs have posted pictures of their fresh eggs so I thought I would jump on the egg wagon. Here is a bowl full of my beautiful eggs. The bummer is the color doesn't come thru in the pic. The whitish looking ones are really a beautiful green.Here they are cartoned up and ready to sellAnd just for fun (and to show how much nicer they are than store eggs) here is a pic of the yolks. See how bright orange they are? No pale face eggs here!


I read an article in Mother Earth News where they analyzed the nutrient content of free range versus confined eggs. It was amazing. The free range eggs were so much healthier for you. I kept my hens penned for years (a big pen but still a pen) but now that they can roam where ever & when ever they want they are so much happier & we get so many more eggs. Even right now, with snow on the ground they are dark and tasty and plentiful.


Just makes you want an omelet doesn't it?

4 comments:

  1. Your eggs are beautiful! I also posted pictures of my eggs on my blog.

    Those store eggs are so pale and yellow.......fresh eggs are bight, orange, and perky!

    I wonder if the store eggs are pale because of the chickens diet, housing, lifestyle or if they are just pale because they are old.

    Anywhich way, I would much rather eat those big, bright, perky, orange eggs fresh from the farm, than those sickly, pale eggs from the store.

    My family members were amazed to see how big our eggs were compared to the store. Most of our eggs will not fit in a large grade A egg carton. When they compared our eggs to the store's eggs, they wanted our eggs instead of the store's eggs.

    Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous eggs!!!!


    Gods' Blessings,

    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been letting our chickens free range. They don't seem to lay as many eggs when they stay in their pen.


    The downside is that we have a hawk hanging around here. He has already tried to "snatch" one of my hens. So for the past 2 weeks, we haven't let them out as much and you can tell that they are protesting with fewer eggs.


    Blessings,

    Amanda <><

    II Corinthians 5:7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeap, they look very tasty !!! I know that they make great cakes , and with lots of flavor !!!!!!!! Shaune

    ReplyDelete