Sunday, February 24, 2008

Eclipse

Did you all watch the eclipse last week? We did and it was awesome. The kids and I looked up what an eclipse was and how they happen and what they look like. That was our science for the day. That night my husband was in town and he could see the moon before we could. He called to ask if we could see it yet but it hadn't risen over the hill in front of us. He said you could already see the eclipse starting so we were pretty anxious. I kept bundling up the baby and taking him out to look. The kids were finishing up the chores and watching anxiously. Finally we could see the glow behind the hill and slowly, slowly, slowly the moon came up with the bottom already blacked out. It was pretty cold out, maybe in the teens, so we kept going in and out to watch. We could see from the window but not as clearly. I tried to take some pictures but the zoom on my camera wasn't strong enough. The moon was just a tiny dot! I did get some footage with the video camera. I went out maybe every 15 minutes and filmed the progress. The kids were so excited and we had so much fun watching as a family. And what a wonderful opportunity to talk about the glories of our creator. It was just such an awesome chance to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment