Saturday, February 9, 2008

Cross country skiing

We rented cross country skis last week. It was a great deal, $45 for skis, boots, and poles for the whole family. We have so much snow we were able to just go into the fields surrounding our house. Just walk out the door and ski. How cool is that? My husband is the only one who had skied before but we all picked it up really fast.  It was SO much fun. The kids liked it much better than snow shoeing but I like them both. Here is a pic of our skis lined up outside:Here are the kids:And here is me:We had so much fun. The kids and I skied all the way to the tree line in the background. Once there we skied along and found 4 sets of coyote tracks, 2 sets of raccoon, deer and mouse tracks. We are so blessed to live here. It is amazing to me how beautiful this world is, even in it's fallen state. What must it have been like when it was perfect?

2 comments:

  1. Oh that looks fun ! Finding tracks and exploring, homeschool at it's finest. May Jesus bless ya'll, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like you all are have such fun!! Thanks for sharing with me. It does look beautiful with a clean white blanket of snow every where. Makes me think it snows to cleanse. It is a great life when you enjoy and have graditude for all the simple blessings surrounding us each day. Have a blessed week! *U* rilda

    ReplyDelete